The McCallister Scouting Report provides information on Ohio high school football players who have the potential to play college football. Although some high school and college coaches consider the service primarily for Division I schools, Division II and III schools can obtain valuable information from the service. Last year, the Directory covered over 970 prospects.
McCallister Scouting Report serves two purposes. First, we get exposure and recognition for football players in Ohio. Second, we provide college programs with contact information, measurements, and a rating system on potential playing level in college for each prospect.
What makes the McCallister Scouting Report one of the most reliable sources of information and evaluation for college coaches?
1. John McCallister coached high school football in Ohio for over twenty years, most of those as a head coach.
2. Now he works as the recruiting consultant for the Ohio High School Football Coaches Association.
3. McCallister attends high school football games on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Many times he evaluates one half and then goes to another game to watch the second half.
4. During the offseason, McCallister evaluates prospects playing other sports, either in a practice or at a game.
6. One of the few totally FREE college services in the country.
McCallister Scouting Report
The McCallister Scouting Report has information on over 900 prospects from the Ohio Class of 2019. Preference will be given to the Division I and Division II level potential prospects. Prospects from the Ohio Classes of 2020 and 2021 will be included. Information will be all in the same format.
A. Cell phone numbers, and measurements. Also included are GPA and test scores. No home addresses or email addresses.
B. Current head football coach’s cell phone number. Email addresses when available.
C. MSR individual ratings
1. 01A – Top 30 program
2. 1 – Definite Division I program
3. 2 – Possible Division I program
4. 3 – Marginal Division I program
5. 4 – Definite Division II program
6. 5 – Too early to predict
D. For your convenience, MSR divides the state into sections: Central, Cincinnati Metro, Cleveland Metro, Northeast Ohio, Northwest Ohio, Southeast Ohio and Southwest Ohio.
F. Either Directory will also be available in Excel format.
MSR Monday Evaluations – In season
During the high school football season, MSR will send an email every Monday with reports on the prospects that John McCallister watched the previous weekend. At times, he will add additional prospects that he evaluated on video.
MSR Off Season News – During the off season, MSR will send information on players which may help the player in the recruiting process.
Basic Format for Information
Name – school – position – height/weight – comments -GPA – Cell Phone.