Selecting running backs is tough, because some of the better RB’s are better on the other side of the ball. They do not always want to hear that, but it is true. Deamonte Trayanum is a very good ball carrier, but he is an NFL outside linebacker. Torrance Davis is a good running back, but he will be an even better inside linebacker. Choosing top RB’s is hard.
Players listed in random order.
- Deamonte Trayanum – Akron Hoban – 5’11-215. Physical runner. Excellent speed. Good burst. Like his vision. Like his ability to finish plays. Believe his strength is on defense, but he wants to be an RB. Arizona State
- Miyan Williams – Cincinnati Winton Woods – 5’10-210. Power RB.Good balance. Good vision. Durable. Gets north/south. Needs to get faster. Needs to improve 5th gear. Like his upside. Iowa State
- Michael Drennen – Dublin Coffman – 5’10-190. Fast. Excellent initial quickness. Some burst. Improved weight/strength. Good hands. Needs to stay away from naggin injuries. N/A
- Torrance Davis – Cleveland Glenville – 6’2-220. Really like Torrance as an RB. Good initial quickness. Strong between the tackles. Breaks tackles. Believe that he will be a good linebacker on next level. Aggressive and tough. Needs to work on re-direct. Kentucky.
- Talyn Parker – Portsmouth – 5’11-190. Believe that he is under-rated. Strong inside runner. Durable. Good balance. A true one back guy. Good vision. Needs to get bigger/stronger/faster. Needs to improve 5th gear. N/A
- Jutahn McClain – Fairfield – 5’10-180. Strong. Tough. Durable. Speed to may big plays. Like his balance. Needs to add weight/strength. Believe he can be used in different ways. Best suited as a slot-receiver. Kentucky
- Cameron Porter – Cincinnati LaSalle – 5’11-190. Solid runner with really good vision. Makes catches out of backfield. Gets north/south. More of physical runner. Needs to get faster. Needs to develop a burst. Solid prospect. Northwestern
- Daved Afari – Lakota West – 5’10-190. Good vision between tackles. Makes 1st guy miss. Breaks tackles. Needs to improve balance. Needs to improve his wiggle. Strength is his 2nd level burst. Like toughness. Miami
- Terion Porter – Sandusky – 5’8-200. Short and compact.Explosive. Gets north/south. Can change direction. Breaks tackles. Good balance. Needs to improve burst. Size may hurt, but he has the toughness. Get even faster. Bowling Green
- Jack Porter – Kenston – 5’11-190. Excellent vision. Good feet to make cuts. Good balance. Smart. Good hands. Like his RB instincts. Like toughness. Needs to get bigger/stronger/faster. Could see him moving to LB on next level. PWO – Wake Forest
- Terrance Keyes – Massillon – 5’9-185. Good initial quickness. Good vision. Quick feet. Good speed, but needs to get bigger/stronger and faster. Like his toughness and durability. N/A
- Jared Banks – Toledo Whitmer – 5’10-190. Transfer from a Michigan school. Strong inside runner. Good balance. Good vision. Breaks tackles. Solid speed, but must get faster. Needs to improve 5th gear. Like his toughness. N/A