The Ohio 2020 Class is solid, but almost all of the prospects need more time to develop. All are athletic. Most need to get bigger/stronger/faster. Tight ends are hard to find.
Prospects are listed in random order.
MSR – Top Rated Tight Ends
- Caden Clark – Akron Hoban – 6’3-255. Strong. Physical. Athletic. Good hands. Gets downfield. Will out grow the TE position and move to the offensive line. Will be a center or guard on next level. Alabama
- Joe Royer – Cincinnati Elder – 6’5-225. Physical. Runs well. Catches the ball in a crowd. Frame to add good weight/strength. Needs to improve blocking skills, but the toughness to do that. Ohio State
- Luke Lachey – Iowa – 6’6-220. Always been an outside receiver, but is getting bigger/stronger/faster. Excellent athleticism. Needs time to develop, but has a high ceiling. Tremendous potential for growth at Iowa. Iowa
- Sam Daugstrup – Cleveland St Ignatius – 6’5-245. Much depends on how he comes back from severe leg injury. Good size. Good hands. Tough blocker. Needs to prove that he is healthy. N/A
- Marshall Lang – Cincinnati St Xavier – 6’4-225. Another one who needs to keep getting bigger/stronger/faster. Like his athleticism. Good hands. Competes. Northwestern
- Jasper Robinson – Canton McKinley – 6’4-220. Needs to be developed, but will get bigger/stronger/faster. Good hands. Needs to continue on blocking skills. Athletic. Competes. Kent State
- Clay Caudill – Mansfield Senior – 6’4-235. Raw skills. Good toughness. Needs to improve re-direct. Needs to improve overall speed and agility. May grow into an OL guy. Competes. N/A
- Levi Gazarek – North Baltimore – 6’4-220. Played receiver as a 10th grader. QB last year. Good hands. Athletic. Needs to improve blocking skills. Excellent baseball player. Bowling Green