INFORMATIONAL MEETING – Wednesday – August 29 – 11:00 – Paul Kenzuli Complex
As I travel around to many college camps during the summer, I try to pick up interesting reading. I picked up a “walk-on” policy at one of the schools.
Bring pencil/pen to complete the paperwork.
Meeting will start promptly at 11:00 AM.
Tryouts for those invited will take place on Wednesday, August 29 at the Paul Kenzuli complex. Any further questions contact Coach Scott Washburn by email at ——–
- You must be enrolled as a full-time student at Bowsherville University (12+ credit hours). You will need to carry above a 2.75 GPA and meet the progress towards a degree percentage set by your academic program.
- You must provide a complete copy of all college and high school transcripts.
- You must have proof of an athletic physical within the past 6 months (after March 1, 2018). There must be official documentation from a physician clearing you for football participation.
- You must present proof of current health insurance coverage. Please have a copy of your insurance card (front and back of insurance card) with you at the meeting.
- You must be registered with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Please check your account at www.ncaaeligibilitycenter.org. to ensure you have Division 1 Amateur Qualifier status. You will be asked to provide your NCAA ID # at the meeting.
- You must be in strong physical condition. There will be a conditioning test within one week of the meeting.
If you are invited to join the team after tryouts, you cannot have classes schedules Monday-Friday before 11:00 AM, because they will conflict with practice.
There are no guarantees, as we select walk-ons on a need basis only. However, as long as you meet all of the above requirements, you will have the opportunity to try-out.
Any walk-ons added to the roster are on a trial basis only and are subject to academic review weekly.
PLEASE note – Walk-on status is totally different than preferred walk-ons, who have been practicing since the first day of practice.